Monday, June 7, 2010

Mothers Day

I decided that I needed a change in my kitchen. I wanted something small, old, shabby, and of course something I could redo. When I found this table and chair set on Craigslist I fell in love and had to have them. I convinced Mr. A that it would be the perfect Mothers Day gift. So off he went to get it. I think every piece must have a story. I didn't see this tables before life but from what Mr. A said it was living in a really nice, hippie ladies, cat infested house. I'm glad I could give it a new home. I love how it turned out. It is so cheery in the kitchen. It makes me smile.

Before:
















And the full finished look in the kitchen:



P.S. I made this chalkboard, I'm so in love with it but it'll have to wait for a later post......

3 comments:

  1. This turned out better than you described! Love, love, love the different blue chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, I love this! So cheerful and bright! I can't believe how much you've redone in your home--that really makes it yours and completely special. You've seriously got me thinking about going that route from now on. Where did you learn how to do all this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I just started experimenting and now I can't stop. It has become my addiction. I love it. I think you would like to do it to Raven. It's very rewarding! :)

    ReplyDelete